- Emulation of natural habitat- As the original/natural habitat of the fish contains the live plants, keeping the live plants within the aquarium is helpful in the stimulation of the natural habitat.
- Increases oxygen- There are varied ways by which the oxygen could be increased within the fish tank. However, living plants is a natural way of doing so. Plants improve the oxygen within the aquarium. This is an important and common reason why people place plants within the aquarium. The plants do photosynthesis to create their food, and in this procedure, they take in carbon dioxide and release oxygen. Carbon dioxide is harmful to the fish, and oxygen is released with the help of live plants.
- Food for the fish- The fish requires non-vegetarian foods but also needs vegetarian food for growth. These fish get their non-vegetarian diet in the form of plants in their natural habitat. It is a good idea to place plants within the aquarium.
- Sanctuary for the fish and fry- The live plants act as a hiding place for the fry and small fish. These plants protect big fish and provide shelter. It gives a sense of security.
- Reduction of algae- The plants help reduce algae within the aquarium. The nutrients required for growth and the nutrients needed for a plant for change are the same. Plants are good at acquiring nutrients, and they starve algae for nutrients which helps reduce algae growth. When starting with the live plants, It must not use a strong or bright light.
- Maintains aquarium health- The root is beneficial for substrate health and overall aquarium health.
- Added filtration system- An aquarium needs a good filtration system in place for the growth of fish. Though the filters help maintain a healthy environment within the aquarium, the plants provide a natural and added filtration.
- Keeps water temperature low- If there is a bright light for the aquarium, it produces loads of heat and helps reduce the temperature within the aquarium.
- Promotes bacterial growth- When the plants are put within the aquarium, it provides loads of space to colonize advantageous bacteria. Beneficial bacteria are good bacteria kind which helps in reducing ammonia level within the aquarium.
- Decoration of fish tank- Plants make the aquarium appear more natural. There are loads of plant varieties with varied leaves. Some of the plants are floating, and others are tied to driftwood or substrate, which could add variance to the fish tank while enhancing the overall look.
How to choose the plants?
You can choose the plants which have compatibility with the fish. The plant must need the same water condition as the fish for growing.
If you want to add slow-growing plants to the aquarium, the fishes must be well fed.
If you want to choose the best plants, we are the ones to rely on for the purchase.