Whether you work from home or run your own business, it is crucial to create an ambience that is conducive to productivity. Did you know that the right corporate office furniture can boost employee productivity, enhance office culture, and improve morale?
The office furniture you use should be ergonomic and comfortable because employees work for 8 to 10 hours. Here are some valuable tips to understand the benefits of comfortable seating and get you started.
1. Early Planning
Don’t just plan before purchasing the right office furniture; plan well in advance. This is because the following drills are involved in the process –
- Visualise your ideal space first. Remember that the ambience and furniture you choose will impact employee productivity. Distinctly divide between design theory and functionality to design a well-balanced space.
- Think about your furniture requirements. Do you want a standard office desk or those that help maximise space? Do you need one shelf per cabin or two?
- Next, determine the location and layout. Your office layout will decide where each piece of furniture goes. This also decides space availability, comfort for walking, etc.
2. Functional Furniture
Now, corporate office furniture is not limited to a single kind. Several types of furniture are available, offering different functions. Then comes additional items such as air-cleaning plants, whiteboards, and more.
These furniture requirements change as the business grows. Depending on the size of the space you are occupying, you will need to determine the functionality of your furniture.
3. Determine the Ergonomic Style
Out of all kinds, modern-day office spaces require ergonomic-style office furniture and arrangement. Employees spend a significant chunk of their day at work, which calls for comfortable working spaces.
Among those hours, at least 90% of the time is devoted to sitting on chairs! So, your employees at least need ergonomic chairs that offer adequate spine support. This will maintain proper posture and weight and enable employees to focus on work.
4. Factor in Your Budget
If your small business runs short on finance, it can be challenging to invest in office furniture. However, the same is so crucial to business growth that you need to try out these pocket-friendly ways –
- Always start with the basics. If you’re tight on money, start with installing ergonomic chairs. Then move onto desks, shelves, wardrobes, coffee machines, etc. Analyse the space and the employees, and take care of basic needs first.
- Do not compromise on comfort. Compare online suppliers to understand different ergonomic styles, prices, and more. If you can bag a good discount deal, then avail of it!
5. Ensure Good Lighting
Though not office furniture, good lighting also sets the tone and mood for the work day. Ensure you offer your employees sufficient overhead lighting for productive work.
The lighting should be such that it does not allow the computer’s glare to interfere with work. You can offer each desk one task lighting option, like a floor or table lamp.
Make an Informed Choice!
Nothing like a workspace brimming with life – through its furniture, enthusiastic employees, and all the other details. Need some more inspiration? Check out these super-cool co-working spaces in Australia!
You’d be surprised at the power of simple corporate office furniture in enhancing employee mood and business growth. So, make an informed choice for your business!