When it comes to a good face cleanser, you need one which can remove dirt, oil, sweat, makeup, and other unwanted debris from your skin surface. By keeping your face clean and fresh, you can prepare your skin for skincare. This will help your skin in better absorption of the products that you will use.
With so many numbers of cleansers available in the market, it can get confusing to choose a cleanser for your skin. There are many factors to consider before you choose a cleanser for yourself, especially if you want the best face cleanser for your face –
- Choose a Cleanser After Considering Your Skin Type
Before you go out and search for cleansers, you need to determine your skin type. If the face cleanser does not suit your skin type, it can lead to breakouts and acne and irritation.
Skin types –
- Normal Skin– This type of skin does not have extra dryness or excessively oily glands. But this does not mean that you can skip the face cleanser. Clean skin allows the products to get absorbed easily and in a better way into the skin. Although you can experiment with different types of face cleansers, a lotion-textured cleanser is perfect for you.
- Oily Skin– People with oily skin have excessively active oil glands. They have large pores and a shiny complexion. For this type of skin, a gel cleanser that can remove the excess sebum present on the skin’s surface without irritating will be very effective. Go for ingredients such as aloe vera and tea tree oil as they will help in maintaining the right pH levels and prevent any breakouts.
- Dry Skin– This skin type is generally flaky and lacks oil or moisture. A cream-based cleanser that contains moisturizing ingredients and fatty acids should work best for this skin type. Also see that the cleanser is hypoallergenic and free of fragrance, chemicals, and alcohol. Avoid antibacterial soaps and cleansers which contain salicylic acid or glycolic acid as they can strip the skin off of its natural oils and dry it even more.
- Combination Skin– Combination skin is oily in the T-zone, nose, and chin areas but the rest of the face is dry. Both sensitive and combination skin need an ultra-gentle foam or gel-based cleanser. This skin type needs a face cleanser that is powerful enough on the oily parts but gentle on the dry parts. The face wash you use should be fragrance-free, hypoallergenic, paraben-free, and soap free. The face wash should also be able to manage the pH levels of the skin.
- Harsh Cleanser
While buying a face wash, it is necessary to check the label. The information printed on the label can give you an idea about what ingredients have been added to the face cleanser. This will help you in analyzing whether the face cleanser has ingredients that can solve your problems.
Avoid any face cleansers which are soap-based or have alkaline-like properties. These ingredients can make your skin dry when used for a long time.
- Consistency of Face Cleanser
There is a vast variety of types of cleansers available in the market. While some are thick and creamy, others are clear and have gel-like consistencies. For you to determine which one to pick, you need to analyze your skin type, your needs, etc as different consistencies match different skin types and needs.
If you need a cleanser that can treat your dry skin then you need a thick cream-like face cleanser while people with oily skin should use gel or foamy face cleansers. People with normal skin are lucky to choose from either of the consistencies.
Skin is an extremely sensitive yet the most important organ. If you need to take care of it, you need to search for face cleansers that have exfoliating ingredients. Facial cleansers that contain microbeads or peach pits in them are great for any type of skin as these ingredients can exfoliate the skin, making it shinier and more glowing.
Using a face cleanser regularly which contains these ingredients can improve blood flow, remove dead skin cells and add luster to dull skin.
- Online Reviews
Before buying any product, check the reviews of the customers who have used it and are currently using it. Since the internet is accessible to everyone, there can be millions of reviews.
You can start by checking the website if the brand you are buying from, then move on to personal blogs, social media pages, etc that can help you in gathering data related to this.
Choosing a particular cleanser can be tough but asking for reviews from people you know personally can tell you a lot about the product. anyone who is using the brand currently can tell you about the product.
Ask them about the ingredients the product contains, how it is treating their skin if it is causing any allergy or itching or redness etc.
Any drop of information from your close ones can help you in searching for better information. While asking for reviews, see that the person you are talking to has a skin type similar to yours.
- Fragrance-free Skin Cleansers
People who have sensitive skin have to put in a lot more time and effort in finding their products than the rest of the skin types. Their skin is extremely sensitive and is more prone to inflammation, swelling, redness, etc.
They cannot “experiment” with any product as their skin does not take much time to react. They have to look for products that are not too strong and harsh on their skin.
These people must go for fragrance-free cleansers as they provide the benefits of a cleanser minus the irritation on your skin.
Facial cleansers often have chemicals added to them to create an aroma. So try to stay on the safe side by using natural and organic ingredients.
Regular use of face cleanser can become your roadway to better and healthier skin.